After having read the article about the keeper of the keys (In which they diss the Brown Pelican) I listened to many suggestions about what other people thought might be "The Keeper." Today I gave the subject much sub conscious thought while doing many other things such as reading, math, tanning…and because I have heard of the many magnificent ideas that others have come up with where after I was like "oh I can see that!" was robbed of many great ideas. I want to be an individual after all. So now I share my idea, hoping that no one else has thought of this.
The Puffer fish that swims the Sea of Cortez is curious and courageous. With big redish eyes that remind me of a bull’s eyes it scans and guards its territory. One thing I admire most about this crazy creature is his ability, without even trying, to invoke a sense of cautiousness, because carelessness around this monster can sometimes mean death. Because of it genetics, the birds watch out, the people watch out, the turtles watch out. Most everything does not want to meddle with this spiny fish. It is not much liked, and therefore it is perfect to watch The Keys.
My first experience with The Puffer fish I froze more than I was already freezing in the cold water. He was challenging me with his slow, forward moving way, coming closer and closer. There was no fear in his eyes, only defiance. After my initial shock I swam quickly over to a rock that was tall enough for me to stand out of the water and squealed with my other friends as this fish swam around and around our rock, watching our every move. After, I was definitely more cautious, and soon out of the water completely. The Puffer fish is my Keeper of the Key.
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Your keeper of the keys was so good Maria! You are a very skilled writer and if I ever hear you dissing your work, I'll have to put a bar of soap in your mouth. Haha.
I'm serious. Do not doubt me.
With much love,
Mica
the blowfish was such a good idea. When I heard you read this I was like oh shit, how am I going to write something that good, I better step it in gear.
Post a Comment